Counseling Services provides free counseling services to families whose children are active participants at The Cabbage Patch.
Core Program Components Include:
- Individual Youth Behavioral Counseling
- Family and Marriage Counseling
- Group Support Programs
- Life Skills and Social Development Groups for Youth (Boys Club & Girls Club)
Family Services offers families the opportunity to discover solutions to complex problems and issues. A strong emphasis is placed on helping families break the cycle of poverty through commitment to intensive, long-term case management services that help move them from instability to stable and healthy family environments.
As part of the case-management approach, adults meet with staff social workers regularly to determine specific action plans. A self-sufficiency scale is used to objectively determine each family’s needs and evaluate whether action plans have resulted in a family becoming self-sufficient. Participants attend pro-active educational parenting classes and receive assistance with basic life needs such as clothing, food, rent, utilities and medical expenses.
Core Components include:
- Long-term Case Management for Families With Children Active in Our Other Programs
- Patch Parents, a Proactive, Preventive Educational Program for Adult Parents
- Seasonal Assistance Programs: Christmas Baskets, Back-to-school Supplies, Winter Coats for Children
You can help any time by making a donation to our pantry!
- Beef stew
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, ham)
- Cans of beans (navy, black, pinto, baked beans)
- Cans of fruit (“lite” or 100% juice if possible) – pineapple, peaches, pears, mixed fruit, mandarin oranges
- Cans of vegetables (corn, green beans, peas, carrots, mixed vegetables)
- Cans of soup (chicken noodle is most popular, vegetable, tomato, etc.)
- Cereal (cold or hot)
- Cornbread mix
- Hamburger Helper-type mix
- Instant potatoes
- Laundry detergent
- Macaroni and cheese (regular or deluxe version which does not require milk or butter)
- Noodle Dinner Kits (just add water and/or butter)
- Pasta (spaghetti, vermicelli, macaroni, penne, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Pork and Beans
- Rice (white or brown)
- Snacks (popcorn, crackers, etc.)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Tuna fish